YAY! It is now officially the Christmas season. We decorated our apartment yesterday, and it is so nice to have all our decorations out around us.
Tyler and I started a tradition our first year of marriage that we would choose one Christmas ornament together to represent something from our year together. This is quickly becoming my favorite tradition. I love that we have a little something to represent each year of our lives together and that eventually we will have enough ornaments to decorate an entire tree full our family memories. Here they are displayed on a wreath on our wall:
1. Beauty and the Beast. Tyler had surprised me with tickets to go see the play at the Capitol Theater in Utah for my birthday. He planned a great date with dinner and the performance. Because we were poor college students in our first year of marriage, it was a very big deal to do something this 'expensive.' I love being reminded how far we have come and all the firsts that happened that year.
2. Moose. He represents our trip to Yellowstone. It is the first (and I think last time) I have gotten Tyler to camp with me. Hmmm... he definitely owes me another trip!
3. Our house (sniff, sniff). Yep, we bought a house in 2002 and sold it a few years later so we could come here to sunny Cali and live in a lovely 2-bedroom apartment.
4. Trolley car. We took a road trip to San Francisco. This may not sound that huge, but it was a very big deal for us because it was the first time we took a "big" vacation by ourselves. We stopped for a few days in Sacramento and saw Les Miserables, and then spend four more days in S.F. wandering around the piers, Alcatraz, and the natural history museum when it got rainy!
5. The Utah Shakespeare Festival. We spend three days seeing plays and going to lectures. How cultured is that. :)
6. Spiderman. How much this little character represents. It was because of Spidey that our lives got turned upside down. Spiderman was Tyler's dream job, and I am so proud of how well he did (look for his name in the credits AND he is mentioned in the director's commentary). We spent 8 months living in two different states, ultimately moving to LA. We are so glad we did!
7. USC. Graduate school. Need I say more?
8. We haven't decided on this year's ornament, but I will post a picture as soon as we get it.
MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON!

3 comments:
your apartment looked so awesome and christmas-y last night! I REALLY LOVE your ornament tradition - that is so cool.
What a cute tradition! Which ornament represented the Shakespeare festival? I can't wait to see this year's!
there is a little silver bell for shakespeare up towards the top that you can't see very well in the picture :)
Post a Comment