Sunday, January 27, 2008

a self-description

i'm trying to write a letter to a new person i have been assigned to VT who isn't active right now and we don't have a phone number for. i am realizing how difficult it is to introduce myself with NO frame of reference of whom i am talking to. so, here is my attempt at an accurate, yet brief description of who i am:

I’ll include here just a brief introduction for myself, and then let Rachel do the same in a future letter, so you can also get to know us a little bit better. I am a student, just about to graduate with a Masters in Social Work degree from USC. I care about social justice, try to be eco-friendly in small ways, and get upset about hurts and abuse. I spent a year working at a Rape Crisis Center, and I am working this year at center for adults with mental illnesses doing therapy and case management I love what I do, and am kept very busy between work and school. I am married with no children. My husband, Tyler, works in the film industry, doing computer generated special effects for movies. We have been living in LA for two years, having come from UT. We both really like it here and are planning on staying for the foreseeable future. I love to read, and will inhale just about any book I can get my hands on. Reading is also just about my only hobby since I am woefully lacking in any kind of crafty skills (sewing, scrapbooking, etc.) and am not really inclined to learn. I (try) to exercise regularly, remind myself to breathe daily, and attempt to accept and enjoy what I am given each day. I am also realizing as I write this letter how hard it is to introduce myself in a way that is meaningful and not too cliché.

So what do think? Miss anything?

3 comments:

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

you should also say that you are a total hippie.

full disclosure and whatnot.

hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.