so, one thing i am really proud of is that i can pretty much find my way around LA - not an easy task in a big city with multiple freeways. however, that is not to say that i don't have my moments. take today for example; the downtown building that i was trying to get to (olive and 12th street for the natives) was under construction and the outside was surrounded by scaffolding, so obviously the exterior looked different. by the time i realized this i was driving past the parking lot entrance. thinking that i could make it, i slammed on the brakes and turned, causing all the other cars behind me to have to do the same. then, because i couldn't fully make the turn, (thanks Saturn with no turn radius), they all had to wait for me while I backed up into a three point turn to get into the lot. :) now in all fairness to me, i thot i had pulled into a non-lane before hitting the brakes (you know, the lane that is metered parking spots except during rush hour). then, as i was leaving the lot in the later in the day, i started to turn right, only to realize that I was about to go the WRONG way on a ONE WAY street. guess now that i have mastered the task of where to go, i can work on the task of following all other driving safety rules.
oh, and for the record, i am generally a really good driver. no tickets and no accidents (knock on wood).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
looks like my influence is rubbing off on you.
sorry.
hahaha. Driving around there can be so tricky somedays. When I use to drive Kenzie around all the time for her auditions I had to concentrate fully or I'd have a few of those moments a week. Not fun and not easy with two noisy kids in the back seat. :)
I sympathize with you trouble and tip my hat to your amazing skill!
Post a Comment