Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I am competent

so, I had to give this presentation today for a training group that I am a part of. I spent several hours making handouts, preparing visual aids, etc. so, I get up today and present, and I think I did really well despite the one person in the class who thinks it is her mission in life to "test" the students knowledge. at the end of the presentation the class gave me feedback. everyone said I did great, including the two Ph.D. people in the room (taking a bow with a flourished hand). Then the critical lady piped up and said I was competent. um, thanks?

1 comment:

L & M Rees Family said...

Hey I guess I have a little - you're right I have to have some in order to work with students! Well I am glad you're competent - that is a strange comment. So our front desk receptionist is kind of crazy - I really miss Rochelle. She yelled at a bookbuyer person yesterday because he was talking on his cell phone TOO loud in the front office and she couldn't hear the person she was talking to on the phone. I couldn't believe it! Well BESC drama at it's best.