Friday, February 29, 2008

In honor of Nanette's Friday recipe party, I am posting Tyler's somewhat infamous raspberry jam.

Ingredients:
4 c. crushed raspberries (frozen raspberries that are thawed work just as well)
3/4 c. Sugar (more to taste)

Directions:
Put raspberries in TALL pot and bring to a boil. Add sugar and bring to boil again. Boil for approximately 30 seconds. Pour into jars and freeze.

Note: You may have to experiment with the amount of sugar and amount of time boiling until you come up with your "perfect" recipe. Tyler likes his jam a little runny and pretty tart, so we add less sugar and boil for less time. The more you boil the raspberries after adding the sugar the more firm and sweet it will be (raspberries have natural pectin in the seeds that is released as they are boiled).

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Whoohoo! I'm glad you finally posted this! I'll have to make you rolls and taste your jam next time he makes it :)