Friday, December 03, 2010 12:56pm
You are now 10 weeks old. I have been getting lots of comments this week about how you are looking bigger and more like a baby (as opposed to a newborn) and it is so true! You are so alert, you love looking around and taking everything in. You are also getting much better at holding your head up. So much better, in fact, that we have been able to sit you up in your little Bumbo chair and let you look at the world. Your favorite place to be is in the middle of the table where you can see outside, and the kitchen and momma all at the same time. You are the cutest centerpiece ever!
We also have started experimenting with you facing outward in your sling. You love it! Yesterday at the park you were fussy and crying and nothing I was doing was making it better. Then I put you in the sling and you were happy and smiley all the way until it was time to go home.
Our house is all decorated for Christmas. You love looking at the twinkling lights hanging from the ceiling and listening to Christmas music with mom during the day. You seem to really enjoy music and look happy when I or your dad sing songs or nursery rhymes to you.
Your cry has changed a little bit from your newborn cry. It is much louder and you don’t give us a lot of warning before you get really upset. It is cute, even if it is a bit more demanding. Momma is also getting to where she can recognize your different cries, the ones that say I’m hungry, or I’m uncomfortable, or I’m mad, or pick me up and give me love. You are also getting better at taking naps and sleeping longer at night, although I keep reminding myself that it probably won’t last. We are trying to give you “tummy time” every day, even though you still hate it and scream your angry cry when you realize we have ‘tricked’ you into being on your stomach for a while.
Your daddy and I joke that we should make the bathroom your permanent bedroom. All of your favorite sounds are in there. I’ve told you before how you love the sound of the shower, and you love to take showers too! You also like the sound of the ceiling fan and if you are having a hard time sleeping I can swaddle you tightly and lay you in your cradle in there and you fall right asleep.
I am so excited to share this Christmas season with you my sweet baby boy. We are so blessed to have you.











No comments:
Post a Comment