Monday, December 6, 2010

Letter to my Baby: Week 7 & 8

Sunday, November 21, 2010 11:14pm
Dear Ryder,

We have been busy these last couple of weeks!  So busy that while I have written notes to help me remember what I want to say to you, this is the first time I have had a chance to sit down and write your letter. Yesterday was actually your two month birthday, but I am going to wait to talk about that until after we see the doctor and I get your new height and weight.  I know you are growing fast though!
This week Mamma learned how to do baby massage.  You love it!  We sit on the floor together and I rub you all over, starting with your legs and feet and moving up to your tummy and arms.  We haven’t tried to do your back yet since you still don’t really like tummy time.  Sometimes we listen to music, but most of the time I just talk to you or sing you songs.  You study my face so intently and look so much like you want to talk back.  It will be fun when you are the one telling me stories.
Very early in the week we ordered you a swing.  Daddy was so good about putting it all together, only to discover that it was broken!  Daddy really wanted you to have a swing right away so he went out and bought you another one at the store.  You LOVE the swing, and we aren’t sure how we lived without it, especially at night when it quickly rocks you back to sleep!  We also ordered some foam cushions for the floor so that when you want to stretch and play there is somewhere comfortable for you to be.
This week you also got to meet more of your family.  Your cousin Ezra, your Uncle Zach, and your Aunt Alyse came for a quick visit.  It was very exciting to introduce you to them and they agreed that you are a very, very cute boy.  Ezra is only 4 months older than you, which right now is a big difference, but it will be fun to have you be so close in age as you get older because you will have so much fun playing together.

You are really close to smiling, although you haven’t quite worked out how to make your lips move the way you want them to.
One night that was really cold.  It reminded Momma of Christmas and she turned on a DVD that creates a pretend fire and plays Christmas Carols.  Your daddy came home and read us a story while I sat with you and gave you a massage.  It was very warm and calm and peaceful.  It is my favorite memory for this week.
I love you baby!
Momma

No comments: