Sunday, December 19, 2010

Letter to my Baby: Week 9

Thanksgiving Day:  Thursday, November 25 10:45pm


Dear Ryder,

You are now two months old.  How did that happen so quickly?  I’m sure I will be asking myself that question a lot in the next weeks, months, and years.  Hopefully these letters and pictures will help me remember these precious moments with you. 

You had your two month check this week.  You are growing well and hitting all your milestones.  You now weigh 11 lbs 3 oz, and are also in the 50th percentile (23 1/4") for height.  You are figuring out how to grab at your toys, and you are discovering how fun it is to chew on things, especially your hands.  You are able to hold your head up much better than a month ago, and are getting better about being okay with some daily tummy time.  You also started giving us smiles this week.  Your smiles start in your eyes and then travels down and lights up your whole face.  It is so cute!   A couple mornings ago you woke up and I walked over to your cradle to pick you up.  As soon as I said good morning you looked up at me and grinned.  It made my day so happy. 

Another special memory from this week happened when I was holding you while you were taking your morning nap.  You were sleeping soundly when all of a sudden you started giggling!  It was so amazing.  I wish I knew what the dream had been about!
 
We went to the park this week and had some family pictures taken.  I know I keep saying it, but you are such a beautiful baby!  You were a little bit tired when we got to the park, but we were able to keep you happy by holding you and talking to you.  You love looking up into the sky, and at the patterns made by the leaves on the trees.

We had more visitors this week.  Your Uncle Rhett and Aunt Jade came to visit.  You had fun playing with them and going places with them.   You are lucky to have so many family members that love you!

I am so grateful for you my little boy.  Thanksgiving this year means that much more because you are now here and a part of our lives.  I am humbled and awed that I get the privilege of being your mother.  Thank you for choosing me.

I love you.
Momma

No comments: