Monday, January 10, 2011

Letter to my Baby: Week 15 & 16

Monday, January 10, 2011
Dear Ryder,

I thought several times over the last week about sitting down and writing your letter, but the reality is I just didn’t have the energy!  You see, we have now officially survived the first time that we all got sick.  It started with you, my baby.   The Tuesday after I wrote your last letter, your daddy and I noticed that you were sleeping more than usual and were a bit fussy.  We thought that maybe you were going through a growth spurt so we just made sure you were fed and comfortable.  Then on Wednesday you woke up all congested and coughing.  You had your first cold!  Fortunately, you fought it off really well.  You were even pretty happy, although less smiley, and just slept a whole bunch.  By Saturday (New Year’s Day) we could tell you were feeling better.
The only problem was you passed the cold on to mommy and daddy!  And we got sick, sick, sick.  We both had to go to the doctor and it has taken about 10 days for us to get better.  It has been about all we could do to take care of you!  Good thing you sleep through the night pretty well.
Despite being sick we tried to have some fun.  Since we weren’t feeling too bad yet on New Year’s Day we took you out and got some cute pictures in your tuxedo onsie.  We've squeezed in a couple of walks.  We have also been reading lots of stories.  You get excited and ‘talk’ to the pictures in your books.  Your favorite right now is “Click, Clack, Moo.”
The biggest thing you have been working on over the last couple of weeks is learning how to grab and hold on to things.  You get so excited when you manage to grab something, and you try to bring everything to your mouth.  You aren’t very coordinated yet, and get a little frustrated when your body doesn’t quite do what you want it to, but every day you are getting better.
You are becoming much more aware of the things around you.  A couple of times you have had the chance to be around other babies.  You get all wiggly, give big smiles, and try to ‘talk’ to your little friends.  
You are now 16 weeks old and our first bit of alone time together is coming to an end.  It feels like a chapter is closing.  Although I am excited for the next phase, a part of me will miss this time of newness for both of us.  We get to grow together.  I am so blessed.
I love you.
 Momma 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

click clack moo is one of our favorites! I can't believe how much bigger he has gotten in just the week or so we haven't seen you!