Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Letter to my Baby: Week 20

Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Dear Ryder,
Wow, 20 weeks.  Somehow that seems like a pretty big number.
This week you had another growth spurt.  You have been eating lots, one day you had 10 oz at one sitting!  I don’t know how your little tummy held it all.  You also have been sleeping more.  We all love to watch you sleep.  You look so focused and that you are concentrating so hard on getting the rest you need.
We also had to stop feeding you rice cereal.  Even though you love it, it was making your tummy hurt.  We called the pediatrician and this week you will get to try oatmeal instead.  I’m excited to see the look on your face when we try another new food.
Because you are so interested at what’s going on at the table, one day I offered you some water from my glass.  You now open your mouth wide and get squirmy and excited any time someone drinks around you because you want some.  The problem is that we aren’t always drinking water and you get so frustrated when we won’t share!
My favorite moment from the week happened at our mommy and me group.  I was playing a game with you.  You were lying on your back and I would bend down to catch your eye and say ‘what’s so funny?’  You giggled and giggled.
You are much more aware of the things around you, little man.  Lately you have been much more aware of the kitties and get excited when they come close and you can touch their fur.  They are pretty patient with you considering that you get so excited that you grab handfuls of fur and pull really hard.  They are still a little wary of you overall, but you seem to now have an uneasy truce that I hope will one day become a fun friendship.  
More and more you recognize momma, daddy and granny.  It makes me so happy to see your face light up when one of us comes near.
I love you my growing boy.
Momma



No comments: