Thursday, May 19, 2011

Letter to my Baby: Week 21

Week 21:  Tuesday, February 15
Dear Ryder,
It seems like much of this week has been all about food.  We started feeding you oatmeal in the mornings and you also really like it.  Happily, your tummy seems to like to better too, so hopefully we can let you eat some every day.  Momma also made some butternut squash this week for a meal the grown-ups were having and she let you taste a little bit off her finger.  You kept biting my finger harder and harder, I think because you were hoping you would get more!  Momma also let you taste some apple through a baby mesh strainer.  Because you are still working on holding on to things you kept dropping the strainer and then would squeal loudly at us until we picked it up for you and held it to your mouth.  I think you are going to be a foodie, just like your daddy!
Momma had to go to IKEA this week to get a few things.  You came along in the stroller.  When we got to the light department you started squealing and kicking, you were so excited to see that many bright lights all in one place!  It made Momma laugh to watch you examine all the different colors and patterns
This week at mommy and me group I put you down on your tummy next to a couple of little girls who are starting to crawl.  You got a very intense look on your little face as you watched them move and I could almost see the thought ‘how are they doing that?  I want to do it too!’  You were fascinated for nearly half an hour.  Pretty soon, little man, you will be able to put it all together and then there will be no stopping you!
You and Daddy are starting to speak in your own special language.  Mostly this language consists of lots of tongue noises and belly blows.  It is so fun to watch the two if you together.  Daddy makes you laugh better than anyone else.
I’m so grateful that you are a pretty good sleeper.  You are still really only waking up once a night, usually around 4:00am to eat something and then you are good about going back to sleep.  This week, you have been waking up, but instead of crying, you have been cooing and squealing to yourself.  It is so cute to hear your ‘talk’ and happy little noises.
I love you baby bug.
Momma

No comments: