Friday, October 29, 2010 7:58pm
Dear Ryder,
Today we had a very busy day. You went to your first Halloween party at Dreamworks. You dressed up as “the great pumpkin.” Daddy was Charlie Brown and Mommy was Lucy. You make a very cute pumpkin, although you still don’t like wearing hats! We also went to the park with our new friends Brooke and baby Piper.
You also went with mamma to the doctor’s office today. We talked a little more about how happy we were that despite the problems during pregnancy and delivery you are here healthy and safe. The doctor explained that your cord was short enough that it would have been very scary for you to be born without the cesarean section, and that since you had already gone into distress a couple of times it was important for us to keep you safe. This was good for momma to hear since I still feel sad sometimes that I didn’t get to watch you be born or hold you immediately afterwards.
Mamma is also making lots of decisions this week about when to go back to work to finish my licensing hours. This is so hard to think about because all I want to do is enjoy you. Already it feels like the days are passing by in a blur. I am trying to remember to appreciate these moments with you because I know they will be over so fast. I love watching you grow, but also wish I could hit the pause button for a little while to catch my breath and enjoy this. I am taking lots of pictures that we can look at together later.
We discovered this week that you like listening to the dishwasher. We set you in your cradle in the kitchen where you either sleep or stare at the lights. Your dad and I laugh because it feels like we are putting you in time-out, but it really does make you happy. I also have been taking you in your cradle to different places in the house with me so I can get things done. You like listening to the water when I shower, as well as the blow dryer when I do my hair.
I love you sweet pea.
Mamma









2 comments:
I LOVE your Halloween costumes - how perfect for you guys! You make the perfect Lucy ;) Ryder is the cutest little boy yet he somehow manages to keep getting even cuter and cuter with each passing week. I love seeing these photos. We can't wait to finally see this little guy - I can't say it enough (as I'm sure I've mentioned it quite a few times already!) - We really can't wait!
Thanks Erin! We can't wait to see you again. And I still haven't met Ava!
Post a Comment