I have a love/hate relationship with menu planning.
I love finding and trying new recipes. Yes, often it is through Pinterest.
I hate the execution of meal planning - having to decide on what to have, make a grocery list, do the shopping. Not to mention that it has to happen every. single. week.
I love how well I eat when I meal plan. I am very good at making healthy whole-food meals that taste delicious.
I hate that when I meal plan, I really become the one wholly responsible for cooking. Don't get me wrong - Tyler is a wonderful, helpful, and very willing kitchen participant. It's just his repertoire consists of things that taste good, but aren't that good for you. Think Spinach Cheese Dips, Spaghetti, & to-die-for Chocolate Chip Cookies. Plus, the reality is, it makes the most sense for me to cook considering he doesn't get home until after 6:00pm.
I love how clean and energized I feel when I eat well.
I hate how I have to make sure to pre-plan when I eat clean. I've noticed that I need to be much more on top of eating at regular intervals or my blood sugar drops and I'm grumpy.
I'm constantly experimenting with how to make my cooking more streamlined. I know lots of people who post their weekly menus so it is all in one place. I'm trying that this week to see how I like it. So, without further adieu:
Breakfasts*:
*I always choose recipes I can make and then have leftovers for several days running
Baked Oatmeal Muffins
Swirly Crustless Quiche from cookbook Practical Paleo
Scrambled Eggs with Homemade Cilantro & Walnut Pesto
note: If you have never tried Eggs with Pesto have some right. now. It will change your breakfast dining experience forever!
Lunch*:
*Usually just leftover dinners, but will sometimes mix things up a bit. I'm curious to try these Wheatberry Salads, but am not sure they are a great dinner item.
Roasted Brussel Sprout and Wheatberry Salad
Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Wheatberry Salad
Dinner:
Shepherd's Pie
Braised Pork with Asian Spice Rub
Chinese Chicken Salad
Moroccan Squash Stew with Quinoa
Citrus and Slice Almond Tilapia (or another good, fresh white fish)
Spinach Artichoke Whole Wheat Pizza
Harvest Cheddar Soup in the Vitamix with Homemade Rolls if I get ambitious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yum! I dislike meal planning too, but I do like looking for new meals on pinterest. I really like having lots of pictures with my recipes. I am going to try some of the recipes you posted, they look good. Joe and I made a deal that I love. I cook and he does the dishes. I hate doing dishes more than almost any other chore so I really appreciate this. He will occasionally cook on the weekends or bring home take out if I am to tired/busy too cook. I unload the dishwasher, but he does all the rest. I love it!
Post a Comment