A friend of mine posted on FB, asking about lessons learned in 2012. They could be practical, funny, serious --- whatever. Here's a few from my list.
1. Although I have made peace with my ugly garden spiders, and recognize their value in keeping my plants bug-free, I still take issue with them living in my cabbage.
2. Exercise always feels better at the end than the beginning.
3. Leaps of faith are scary. Then I look back and realize how things have come together. I was extremely nervous about quitting full-time work to stay home with Ryder. I love being a therapist. I didn't know how I would adapt. I have always felt that I would probably be a better 80% of the time Mom than 100% of the time. I have not. had. a. single. work. gap. since giving my notice. I have always had the perfect amount of work. I have also gotten to do incredibly exciting things, like write a CEU course, develop a training program, learn and teach new evidence-based practices, etc. None of this would have happened if I had stayed where I was. (related lesson: "Change is Good")
4. My toddler will always find new ways of challenging my ability to multitask.
5. I can do hard things. I actually wrote that on my calendar the month I took my second licensing exam (and passed!). This lesson applies to almost every area of my life. There are so many things I avoid because they are scary, or hard, or overwhelming. Then, I do them, and realize that I really can do hard things.
And, as a wise friend said, "No one wants to read more than 5 things."
Anyone want to add their lessons?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment