Monday, January 14, 2013

Fantasy

Steampunk: A subgenre of speculative fiction, usually set in an anachronistic Victorian or quasi-Victorian alternate history setting. It could be described by the slogan "What the past would look like if the future had happened sooner." It includes fiction with science fiction, fantasy or horror themes. 
(Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=steampunk)
When I was a little girl, I wanted to live in a musical.  I tried to get my friends to sing our make-believe games; which was mostly just met with weird looks.  Now, going to a Steampunk Symposium isn't exactly like stepping into a musical (i.e. there is no music), but it pretty much fulfills all other aspects of imagination wish-fulfullment.  So glad my friend Kristen suggested we go, and found enough like-minded friends for a true day out.
And serious and sultery:
Of course, most of the day was spent doing this:
Which resulted in this:
This guy had his wheelchair all punked out.  Best ride ever:
The Queen Mary is rumored to be haunted.  I believe it:
Sometimes it is good to step away from reality.  We are never too old to play.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You got some great pics!! We will all have to put ours on discs for sharing. Yay Us! FUN!